TRIMDON PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of the Ordinary Meeting of Trimdon Parish Council in Trimdon Community College, Elwick View, Trimdon Village on Tuesday 12 April 2022 at 7:00pm
Present Councillors John Burton (Chair), Paul Stephens, Bernadette Oliver, Leslie Oliver, Paul Trippet, Dave Smith, and Ian Quinn
Joseph Hobson (Clerk to the Council) and County Councillor Christ Varty were also in attendance.
23/22 APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Apologies for absence were received from Councillor Rob Gilbert, Ian Coulson, Denise Davison
Resolved that the apologies be approved.
24/22 DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
No declarations of interest where received.
25/22 PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
One member of the public was present and requested permission to keep four beehives on the small paddock at Trimdon Village allotment site.
rthat permission was given to the plot holder to keep four beehives on the small paddock at the Trimdon Village allotment site.
26/22 REPORT FROM COUNTY COUNCILLOR Chris Varty
A written report from Councillor Varty was distributed at the meeting.
27/22 MINUTES OF THE ORDINARY MEETING HELD ON 8 MARCH 2022
The minutes of the Ordinary meeting held on 8 March 2022 had been circulated with the agenda
Resolved that the minutes of the Ordinary meeting held on 8 March 2022 be approved and signed by the Chairman.
28/22 UPDATE ON PROGRESS OF RESOLUTIONS OF THE ORDINARY MEETING HELD ON 8 MARCH 2022
- The Clerk reported that three defibrillators and cabinets had been purchased and that these will be installed in the near future, one in each Parish village.
Resolved that the report be noted.
- The Clerk reported that the water company had taken a large payment via BACs for Trimdon Village Allotment wate rates. A new meter will be installed, hopefully resolving the matter.
Resolved that the report be noted.
- The Clerk reported that a meeting of the Jubilee working group had met. The meeting had not been well attended with only one Council member present. The Trimdon Community College Association, Trimdon Village Hall Association and Rose Cottage from Trimdon Grange agreed to work together to deliver the Parish Jubilee events. The working group recommended that £2,500 be set aside for a Parish event which will include a family activity day and a tea dance for older people. Councillors Stephens and Smith recorded their disappointment that funds had not been made available to Trimdon Grange and were concerned that no member from Trimdon Grange Village could attend the meeting. The Clerk reported that further planning meetings will take place and that the reason for holding the meeting during the day was to attract attendance by community groups, albeit this had not proven successful.
Resolved that £2,500 be allocated for the Trimdon Parish Jubilee event and that £500 be made available for grants to other organisations.
- The Clerk submitted a report of expenditure approved by the Chairman under Section 4.1 of the Financial Regulations
Resolved that the payments be approved and signed by the Chairman.
- The Clerk submitted a schedule of payments made between 1 March 2022 and 31 March 2022
Resolved that the schedule of payments made between 1 March 2022 and 31 March 2022 be approved.
- The Clerk submitted a schedule of receipts received between 1 March 2022 and 31 March 2022
Resolved that the schedule of receipts received 1 March 2022 and 31 March 2022 be approved.
- The Clerk submitted the bank reconciliation statements (Current Bank Account) 1 March 2022 and 31 March 2022. This was cross referenced with the Current Account bank statements
Resolved that the bank reconciliation Statements (Current Bank Account) 1 March 2022 and 31 March 2022 be approved and that the Chairman sign the Current Account bank statements.
- The Clerk submitted the bank reconciliation statement (Instant Access Account) 1 March 2022 and 31 March 2022. This was cross referenced with the Instant Access bank account statement
Resolved that the bank reconciliation statement (Instant Access Account) 1 March 2022 and 31 March 2022 be approved.
30/22 CLERK’S REPORTS
- A grant application for £200 from Trimdon Toddler Group for Jubilee celebrations had been circulated with the agenda.
Resolved that the grant for £200 for Trimdon Toddler Group be approved.
- A grant application for £300 from Trimdon Village Hall Association (TVHA) for Jubilee celebrations had been circulated with the agenda.
Resolved that the application be withdrawn as the TVHA was part of the group organising the Parish Jubilee events.
- A proposal from the Headteacher of Bluebell Meadow Primary School to make changes to the school site entrance and reduce the width of the road by creating a footbath and create safety control measures, thereby ensuring children’s safety when getting off buses, had been circulated with the agenda.
Resolved that the Clerk inform the Headteacher that the plan is not in sufficient depth and the school should seek advice from Durham County Council including recommendations before submitting any further plan for the Council to consider.
- A list of approved payments delegated to the Clerk had been circulated with the agenda.
Resolved that the approved payments delegated list to the Clerk be approved.
- The Clerk gave a verbal report in respect of the future arrangements for the annual meeting of electors and the annual general meeting (AGM) of the Parish Council. This included extending the agenda of the AGM to include ordinary business agenda items. This would reduce the need to hold an Ordinary meeting after the AGM bringing the Council in line with current practice nationally.
Resolved that the agenda of the AGM of the Parish Council will be extended to include ordinary business matters, thereby reducing the need for an Ordinary meeting of the Parish Council afterwards.
31/22 DATE AND TIME OF NEXT MEETING
Resolved that the next meeting will be the annual meeting of electors followed by the AGM of the Parish Council to be held on Tuesday 10 May 2022 at 7.00pm.