Get help in an emergency or advice about your home, health and personal safety.
Police, fire or ambulance
Dial 999 if it’s an emergency.
Durham County Council services
During normal office hours, contact us on 03000 260 000.
The following services provide out of hours support:
- Call 03000 267 979 for emergency social care and child welfare concerns, including foster carer support.
- Call 08081 968 406 if you are homeless,or facing homelessness.
- Call 03000 262 195 for Care Connect (community alarm service).
- Call 03000 266 000 for our births, deaths and marriages service.
- Building control service (to report a dangerous structure).
- Report emergency council housing repairs to Durham City Homes or your housing provider.
Local police 101
Durham Constabulary – report anti-social behaviour, or other incidents not classed as an emergency, and get advice about crime prevention and household security by calling 101.
Fire and Rescue
County Durham and Darlington Fire and Rescue Service – get advice about household fire safety, including the installation of smoke alarms, by calling 0845 305 8383.
Telephone 111 when you need health advice fast, but it’s not a 999 emergency.
- Electricity – If your power supply is interrupted call 0800 668 877.
- Gas – if you smell gas contact the National Grid on 0800 111 999.
- Water – Call 0800 393 084 for burst water mains or 0800 328 7648 for sewer issues.